If you are like me, you have probably had at least one period in your life when you wanted long, beautiful, shiny hair, looking for the answer to the question how to make your hair grow faster.
We read about hair tips that promise great results, and then we read others that say that the first tips are useless, so here is my collection of fail-proof methods that have been around for a long time and are still used by many men and women, including those who have beautiful, thick, head-turning hair.
How to Make Your Hair Grow Faster with Home Remedies
Hair growth can be stimulated with the help of the right nutrients. Nutrient-rich vitamin masks can all help restore proper blood circulation in the scalp, which results in stronger and healthier hair, able to grow longer without splitting and getting brittle. The most efficient ingredients of these masks are dairy products, fruits and spices:
- Milk strengthens the hair by supplying it with calcium.
- Yoghurt balances the pH-level of your scalp.
- Mango, papaya and bananas nurture your hair with the right vitamins.
Other components that can work wonders on your hair are eggs and olive oil, and wheat germs can also accelerate hair growth.
Other Methods to Have the Long Hair You Have Always Wanted
Another answer to the question “how to make your hair grow faster” is by protecting it from getting damaged. Irons, hair driers and hair brushes can cause extensive damage if not used properly and environmental factors can also hinder hair growth:
- Don’t stress your hair by over-drying it – you should always use you drier at the mild setting to prevent thermal damage.
- Never use a flat iron without applying a thermal protector product first.
- Never expose your hair to excessive sunlight without proper UV-protection.
- Have your hair trimmed at least 4 times a year. The only way to get rid of the split ends is by chopping them off and if you neglect them, they tend to travel upwards, until the whole hair becomes split up to the scalp.
- Do not brush your hair intensively – though intensive brushing tends to stimulate the scalp, it damages the hairs, resulting in more split ends that you will need to have removed eventually.
- Do not brush your hair while it is still wet – wet hair is more fragile.
How to Make Your Hair Grow Faster by Applying the Right Diet
Having a diet rich in vitamins and minerals and proper hydration can also accelerate hair growth. If you include the right amount of fruits, vegetables, dairy products and lean proteins like chicken, fish and sea food, you will see the signs of improvement soon, and not only on your hair, but also on your skin and your nails, too.
If you combine these tips to make your lifestyle healthier, the results will soon become visible. Proper nutrition for the hair and the body and enhanced protection against external factors – this is our ultimate answer to the question how to make your hair grow faster.