Women and even men are having problems on how to remove unwanted hairs on their body. There are quick and painless methods like trimming or shaving but in just a matter of days your hair grows again. Plucking is not only painful, but a very time consuming process. How can we get rid of unwanted hair fast?
Hair removal by waxing is a semi-permanent process of hair removal that removes the hair from the root. Unlike shaving, new hair will not grow back in the previously waxed area or about two to eight weeks. Any parts in the body can be waxed like your arms, legs, bikini area, back, abdomen, and feet. There are several kinds of waxing methods suitable for an area to have unwanted hair removed.
Hair removal by waxing uses a resin-based wax to pull the hair including the entire hair follicle from the root.
How does Hair removal by waxing work?
A wax mixture is spread in the direction of the hair growth. There are two kinds of wax that can be applied on the body, soft and hard wax. Soft wax requires a strip to help the wax pull off the air. Hard wax, on the other hand, is hard enough to become a strip and be pulled without the need for a paper or cloth strip.
When the wax has slightly cooled or has adhered to the hair, it is then pulled off in the opposite direction of the hair growth. If the waxing process is done correctly, the entire hair follicle should be removed from the root.
Advantage of hair removal by waxing
- Hair waxing is an alternative to shaving as it efficiently removes the hair without leaving a mark. Each hair is pulled out as if it is plucked all at once, and the overall result is a very smooth, hair-free area.
- Unlike shaving where hair is removed from the surface rather than the root, the hair does not grow roughly. Areas repeatedly waxed will expect a softer, thinner hair.
- Hair regrowth is expected for at least 2 to 8 weeks.
Disadvantage of hair removal by waxing
- Hair waxing is very painful especially in those sensitive areas; however, the pain you will experience is not long-term compared to surgery-based hair removal methods.
- Waxing is usually provided by a licensed esthetician. The cost of waxing is very high, and the cost depends on the area to be removed and how many treatments are necessary. There are do-it-yourself waxing kits sold in the market, but the result depends on how well you perform the waxing process.
- Hair removal is not permanent. Waxing is performed against the direction of the hair growth. The wax strip simply disturbs the hair follicles causing the hair to begin to grow in different directions; thus hair removal becomes more difficult. Fortunately, if waxing is performed properly, the risk of having such condition is low.
Waxing kits like I said earlier, varies in result. If you want a hair be removed as clean as possible, go to a licensed esthetician. Waxing kits are made for those that are too busy to shave every day and cannot pay for a waxing treatment. A waxing kit can be obtained at a very low price – unlike razors, you will only need to pay for a waxing kit at least once a month.
Do-it-yourself waxing kits usually cost at around $25-$100 unlike when done by a professional that usually cost $5 – $100 depending on the areas you need waxed. Below are some of the best waxing kits that have a great deal for your money.
This waxing kit contains all the needed elements, plus an included wax warmer for a small price. However, this waxing kit is not a suitable option if you want your bikini line be rid of unwanted hairs.
Satin smooth student waxing starter kit is a good buy to those that are new in waxing as it contains everything you need like strips, warmer, and the wax remover.
This product is more expensive than the two mentioned earlier because it is introduced with a patented roll on system that helps you to control the wax easie. It includes a wax warmer with heated roll on applicators that ensures wax is perfectly smooth and thin. You might want to consider this one if you want a professional-grade waxing kit.