Hair-Color Tips for Gray and White Hair
Gray or white hair has risen to prominence as one of the most fabulous hair colors in recent times. But as hair starts to grow gray, carrying it off to its maximum potential will take some time. Although gray hair goes with ageing, some people go gray even at a young age, some due to heredity and some because of stress and other reasons. When your hair starts to gray and you’re not emotionally ready for such development you will need some hair color tips for gray or white hair to help you weather this period.
The instinct of most women, when their hair starts going gray is to dye their hair. This is the most sensible and practical solution to the condition. But in choosing the right hair color to cover up the grey, there are some factors that need to be considered.
To help you choose the right hair color for your particular condition, here are some hair color tips for gray or white hair:
• Although dyeing gray or white hair is quite easy, there are some women whose gray hair is resistant to hair dyes. If you belong to this group of women, maybe you’ll need a semi-permanent hair dye especially if there are only a few strands of grey on your head. But if most of your hair has turned gray, then a permanent hair color maybe needed.
• If your hair is just beginning to go gray, adding highlights to the hair is the perfect way to make the gray blend in with your natural hair color.
• The help of a professional hair colorist maybe required if what you want is to revert to your natural brunette, blonde or red hair color. They’re not only experts in their field, they also have the right supplies to ensure that your head of hair is restored to its former glory.
• If your desire is to go totally silver or gray, you will have a long wait especially if you’re just starting to go gray. There is no way to dye hair completely silver or gray. What you’ll need to do is gradually allow the transition to progress. In the process you’ll need to lessen coloring your hair so that the hair becomes more and more gray.
• Another hair color tip for gray or white hair is low lighting the hair to give shine to the gray and natural hair color. Using a good hair product to provide the low light will ensure that the gray does not turn yellowish.